Our Physicians at Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery of Acadiana at Lafayette General continually strives to bring you the latest arrays of techniques in facial and body enhancements. BOTOX® Cosmetic is not an exception. We now offer daily BOTOX® Cosmetic injections for your convenience and needs.
Lafayette, Louisiana plastic surgeons Dr. Joseph Lupo and Dr. Bennett Boustany Fontenot are very meticulous about their injections and continues to inject all of their own patients. They feel that BOTOX® rejuvenation needs continuous care established over time for the most effective, personalized results.
Some important areas that are nicely treated with BOTOX® Cosmetic:
- Frown lines.
- Crow’s feet — Wrinkles on sides of eyes that are accentuated by smiling.
- Brow droop — BOTOX® Cosmetic can gently raise the brown to open up the eyes and rejuvenate the whole face.
- Wrinkles around mouth — Also called “smoker’s wrinkles,” these lines are accentuated by tightening the lips. BOTOX® Cosmetic will soften these lines and pull the drooping sides of mouth up.
- Platysmal banding — Neck bands that are evident with aging can be dramatically softened with BOTOX® Cosmetic.
- Axillary hyperhidrosis — The condition that causes significant embarrassing sweating of the armpit area. This is a highly effective and widely popular solution to this problem.
BOTOX® Cosmetic is approved by the FDA for frown lines, and its other applications provide dramatic solutions for facial aging. Botox is an office procedure and takes a few minutes to inject. The only post-procedural instruction is not to exercise for 24 hours. It takes about 3-5 days for the effect to take action. BOTOX® Cosmetic lasts up to 3-4 months.