Men who have excess skin, tissue or fat in the chest area can face both physical and emotional discomfort due to this condition, also known as gynecomastia. For some men, even a great, healthy diet and a regular exercise program won’t reduce over-developed or enlarged breast tissue, which can be caused by hormonal issues, genetics or certain drugs and medications.
Male breast reduction, then, can help men in Lafayette feel more confident about their pecs. To address the special needs of male cosmetic surgery patients, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery of Acadiana offers customized care when it comes to male breast reduction. Drs. Lupo and Fontenot provide expert, confidential care to male patients.
More about male breast reduction in Lafayette, Louisiana
Gynecomastia is characterized by:
- Excess localized fat around the chest muscles
- Excess glandular tissue development
- It may be present on one side of the pectoral muscles or both
Ideal candidates for male breast reduction surgery include:
- Men who are physically fit and in overall good health, with a relatively normal weight
- Those who haven’t responded to other medical treatments related to gynecomastia
- Men who have realistic expectations about the procedure
- Those whose breast development has stabilized (usually 18 years or older)
- Men who are made uncomfortable by the excess skin and tissue in the chest region
CONSULTATION WITH A BOARD-CERTIFIED COSMETIC SURGEON
If enlarged breasts are causing you physical, mental or emotional difficulties, contact Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery of Acadiana to talk with Drs. Lupo or Fontenot, board-certified plastic surgeons, about your best options for male breast reduction cosmetic surgery in Lafayette, Louisiana.
During your consultation with Drs. Lupo or Fontenot, you can learn more about:
- Male breast reduction surgery and preparation for the procedure
- Benefits, side effects, recovery, costs and more
- The ideal candidates for male breast reduction surgery
- Anything else you are interested in
The success and safety of your gynecomastia procedure will depend on your candidness regarding your health, lifestyle
Male breast reduction can create a new look and feel for your chest as well as a renewed sense of vigor and confidence. This procedure can sculpt your body and boost your energy and self-esteem.
With elite, expert care in Lafayette, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery of Acadiana provides the best in plastic and cosmetic services.
REQUEST A CONSULTATION
The surgeons at Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery of Acadiana at Lafayette General have helped many Southern Louisiana men improve their appearance with plastic surgery. They provide a safe and supportive atmosphere so that patients feel comfortable speaking openly about their concerns and goals. To learn more about gynecomastia surgery breast reconstruction, you can request your appointment online and learn how you can receive a private consultation with one of our surgeons.