If the eyes are the gateway to the soul, then it is only natural to desire beautiful, awake and bright eyes, unencumbered by
Likewise, the eyes and the forehead are often one of the first places to show some signs of aging – the thin skin around the eyes often shows wrinkles and tiredness faster than other areas, and the forehead is the site of expression and can bear the mark of years of smiles and inquisitive glances.
Eyelid surgery (which is also known as blepharoplasty) and a forehead or brow lift can revive heavy, tired-looking eyes and raise your eyebrows to a more pleasing position to give you a better window to see the world with. These two procedures are often performed together, but they can be performed separately, depending on your particular goals.
WHO ARE CANDIDATES FOR EYELID SURGERY?
- If you have excessive, sagging or wrinkled upper and lower eyelid skin.
- If you have excess upper eyelid skin that interferes with vision.
- If you have lost your natural upper eyelid crease.
- If you have puffy pouches of fat in lower lids along with tear troughs that create a tired and aged appearance.
INTENDED RESULTS OF EYELID SURGERY:
- A more youthful and rested appearance of the eyes.
- A natural maintenance of the youthful appearance of the eyes.
- Widening of visual fields if excessive upper lid skin has partially blocked vision.
- Eyelid Surgery will not remove or erase all wrinkle lines but will soften them.
EYELID SURGERY PROCEDURE DESCRIPTION:
- The operation is done on an outpatient basis mostly under sedation and local anesthesia.
- The incisions are made where the natural crease should be in the upper lids and below the lash lines in the lower lids.
- Excess fat and skin are judiciously removed.
- If only excess fat is present in the lower lids, it may be removed through an incision inside the lower lids with no external incision or scar (transconjunctival blepharoplasty).
- A unique Eyelid Surgery procedure is often done to the lower lids by repositioning and re-draping the fat. This reduces the tear trough and maintains the youthful lid-cheek junction.
- A re-suspension and tightening of the lower lids (canthopexy) are commonly done during lower lid rejuvenation.
REQUEST A CONSULTATION
The surgeons at Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery of Acadiana at Lafayette General have helped many Southern Louisiana women improve their appearance with plastic surgery. They provide a safe and supportive atmosphere so that patients feel comfortable speaking openly about their concerns and goals. To learn more about eyelid surgery (Blepharoplasty), you can request your appointment online and learn how you can receive a private consultation with one of our surgeons.